Official Rules for Artists and Voting
Eligibility: Anyone is eligible to enter Art & Soul of the Magic Valley. Students entering the Youth Competition must have signed, written permission from a parent or guardian.
Artist: An art entry may be made by a solo artist or by a group of collaborative artists. All artists, whether individual or collaborative, are subject to the rules of the contest.
Entry: Each artist or group may submit only one entry. An entry may involve multiple pieces with a common theme. Each entry will pay a one-time non-refundable entry fee.
Voting: Entries will be judged by public vote. The public must register to vote at the Magic Valley Arts Council, 195 River Vista Pl., Twin Falls, ID during the contest dates. Each voter will be instructed to cast votes for their favorite in each category (14 votes). Voters may select to vote online or return registered ballots to the Magic Valley Arts Council prior to contest closing.
Winner Selection: The voting process will determine the winners based on the number of votes each artist receives. Winners will be announced at the closing ceremony on May 5, 2018 at 5 pm and will be notified by email no later than May 16, 2018.
Specific Rules For Artists:
- The entry must be shown in a registered contest Venue and the artist must be sponsored by a registered Sponsor (see FAQ section for more information on Sponsors and Venues).
- Each entry must be exhibited the entire length of the show: April 13-28, 2108 and remain on display through May 5, 2018.
- Artist registration must be received by the Magic Valley Arts Council by Friday, February 9, 2018
- Venue and Sponsor matching agreements must be completed by March 2, 2017.
- Only original work is eligible for submission. The artist is responsible to ensure the work does not infringe on any third party rights. Work created from kits is not allowed.
- The artist is responsible for all transportation, set-up and removal of their entry unless other arrangements have been made with the Sponsor or Venue or Magic Valley Arts Council staff.
- The artist is responsible for liability, security, and meeting any state and local codes unless other arrangements have been worked out with the Sponsor and Venue.
- Entries from prior Art & Soul events are not allowed.
- Entries sold during the contest dates will only be available to purchasers at close of show.
- Artist(s) receiving 1st place cash award are not eligible to enter in the immediate following year.
- Artwork may be listed for sale and will be advertised as such if desired. Artwork sold by an artist entered in Art & Soul during the event and for 30 days after the event closing will be subject to a 20% commission fee owed to the Magic Valley Arts Council. The commission date range for the 2018 contest is April 12 – May 28, 2018.
- Art & Soul reserves the right to use all information on imagery and documentation of the artist pertaining to the entry provided by the artist for press releases, promotional materials, displays and exhibits associated with events which may include textual, audio, or visual representation.
- General Conditions: Awards are made in the form of lump sum cash payouts, reportable to the IRS. Tax liabilities (federal, state, and local taxes) are the sole responsibility of the winners. By acceptance of the prize, the winner agrees without limitation to the use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness for publicity purposes without any additional compensation. Artist agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Art & Soul producers, which are final and binding in all matters regarding this event. Artists and Venues agree that the event and its representatives, affiliates, agents, directors, officers and employees have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind relating to or arising from this event or resulting from participation in this event.