Art Show Prospectus
- Cash Awards: $34,000.00 available in cash awards.
- 1st place overall as determined by public vote $10,000
- 2nd place overall as determined by public vote $5,000
- 3rd place overall as determined by public vote $2,500
- 4th place overall as determined by public vote $1,000
- $1,000 “Best of Show” award in each of the ten categories as determined by public vote.
- Show: The show will run for sixteen days and will include three weekends. Dates April 17-May 2, 2015
- Artists: Submit images of work or proposed work and pay entry fee. Artist’s Statement and photo of work due by March 7, 2015. Early Bird pricing (for previous participants only): $25 if postmarked by November 30, 2014. Open enrollment begins January 1, 2015 at $50.00 for new and returning artists and continues for those postmarked by January 31, 2015. Entry fees increase to $75.00 on February 1, 2015, with final increase to $125 on March 1, 2015. No entries will be accepted after March 7, 2015. Artists are not required to obtain their own sponsor and venue but may if they choose (for more information on sponsors & venues see the FAQ section). Sponsors & venues need to be identified for the artist by March 14, 2014.
- Professionally Judged Competition: There will be a professionally judged portion that artists may enter in addition to the general competition. An extra $50 registration fee applies and can be paid along with your initial registration or anytime up until March 1, 2015. An extra $3000 in prize money will be available to artists who enter the professionally judged portion of the competition: $1500 in the 2D category and $1500 in the 3D category. Artists who win in the judged competition may also compete in the overall general competition.
- Youth Category: There will be a separate youth category for students in elementary (K-5th grade), middle school (grades 6-8), and high school (grades 9-12). The entry fee for the youth portion of the contest is $10. Those artists selecting the “youth” category on their entry form will not be eligible for the general contest. There will be a $300 prize awarded to the top artist in each of the three youth categories (elementary, middle school, high school) as selected by public vote.
- Sponsors: Individuals or businesses serving as sponsors must chose work/artists they wish to sponsor by March 14, 2015. Artwork may be viewed on the homepage. For more information on being a sponsor or obtaining a sponsor, see FAQ section.
- Venues: Locations for showing artwork chose the work they wish to display from artist entries by March 14, 2015. There will be prize money awarded to venues as well. $500 will be given to the “best venue” as determined by public vote. The venue displaying the 1st place overall contest winner will receive $500, the venue displaying the 2nd place overall contest winner will receive $300, the venue displaying the 3rd place overall contest winner will receive $200, and the venue displaying the 4th place overall contest winner will receive $100. For more information on being a venue or selecting a venue see FAQ section.
- Voters: The viewing public votes for their ten favorite entries, the top 14 artists receive cash prizes from the total prize money available. For more information on how to vote, see voting section.
- New this year: There will be a $1,000 “Best of Show” award given to the artist receiving the most votes in each of 10 categories: Ceramic, Drawing, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, and Woodwork. Odds of winning are based on the number of entrants in each category. Those artists placing in the top four overall are not eligible to receive a “Best of Show” award as well.
Art & Soul is open to any artist with any type of artwork. Eligibility confirmed after receipt of entry fee and obtaining a sponsor and venue (for more information on obtaining a sponsor and venue, see FAQ section).
Sponsors and Venues need to be registered by March 7, 2015 and need to select their artist by March 14, 2015. Early Bird enrollment (for previous participants only): $100.00 if postmarked by November 30, 2014. Open enrollment begins January 1, 2015 at $125.00 for sponsors and venues. Fees increase to $150.00 on February 1, 2015 with a final increase to $175 on March 1, 2015. Applications will not be accepted after March 7, 2015. Each artist entry will be posted on this web page; sponsors and venues will review entries and chose their artist.
Artists need not be present during the show, but it is encouraged. Artist sponsors and venues work out logistics of getting artwork in place by April 6-10, 2015.
Where will the money come from?
Artists $25 – $125
Sponsors $100 – $175
Venue (location) $100 – $175
Financial Supports include:
Patrons who offer gifts of $1,000.00 or more;
Contributors who offer gifts of $100.00- $999.00;
Friends of the Arts offer gifts of any size under $100.00.