Art Show Prospectus
- Cash Awards: $34,000.00 available in cash awards.
- Show: The show will run for sixteen days and will include two weekends. Dates April 18-May 3, 2014
- Artists: Submit images of work or proposed work and pay entry fee. Artist’s Statement and photo of work due by March 3, 2014. “Early bird” pricing $50.00 if entry is postmarked by February 8, 2014. Entry fees increase to $75.00 on February 9, 2014, with final increase to $125 on March 2, 2014. No entries will be accepted after March 10, 2014. Artists are not required to obtain their own sponsor and venue but may if they choose. Sponsors & venues need to be identified for the artist by March 14, 2014.
- Sponsors: View entries and chose work they wish to sponsor by March 14, 2014.
- Venues: Locations for showing art work chose the work they wish to display from artist entries by March 14, 2014.
- Voters: The viewing public votes for their five (5) favorite entries, the top 15 artists receive cash prizes from the total prize money available. 1st $10,000.00 2nd $5,000.00, 3rd $2,500.00, (6) 4th place prizes $1,000.00 ea. and (6) 5th place prizes $500.00 ea.
- New this year: There will be a professionally judged portion that artists may enter in addition to the general competition. An extra $25 registration fee applies and can be paid along with your initial registration or anytime up until the entry deadline. An extra $3000 in prize money will be available to artists who enter the professionally judged portion of the competition.
- Also new this year: There will be a separate youth category for students in elementary (K-5th grade), middle school (grades 6-8), and high school (grades 9-12). The entry fee for the youth portion of the contest is $10. Those artists selecting the “youth” category on their entry form will not be eligible for the general contest. There will be a $300 prize awarded to the top artist in each of the three youth categories (elementary, middle school, high school) as selected by public vote.
Art entries open in any category. Eligibility determined on receipt of entry fee, obtaining a sponsor and venue.
Sponsors and Venues need to be registered by March 3, 2014 and need to select their artist by March 14, 2014. Early Bird enrollment (for previous participants only): $75.00 if postmarked by November 30, 2013. Open enrollment begins December 1, 2013 at $100.00 for sponsors and venues. Fees increase to $125.00 on February 9 2014 with a final increase to $150 on March 2, 2014. Each artist entry will be posted on this web page; sponsors and venues will review entries and chose their artist.
Artists need not be present during the show, but if possible it is encouraged. Artist sponsors and venues work out logistics of getting art work in place April 12-16, 2014.
Where will the money come from?
Venue (location) $100.00
Financial Supports include:
Patrons who offer gifts of $1,000.00 or more;
Contributors who offer gifts of $100.00- $999.00;
Friends of the Arts offer gifts of any size under $100.00.